Monday, October 31, 2011

Wood: Drawing III











In this assignment I felt that my concept was stronger than my actual final product. I got cut short on time for the project and had to make to with it being dark outside. The assignment was to use wood. Again I tried to make myself use wood in a way that most other people in the class hadn't even thought about using wood. My concept was centered around having imaginary friends when you were younger. They were there and only you could see them and interact with them, you controlled them and what they did. Because everyone has their own imagination there was no wrong way to portray these cutouts. Wood was a medium that allowed me to follow through on this idea I had. It was strong enough to stand in the ground but durable enough for me to cut and shape into my desired forms. I mimicked different poses of children in the wood cutouts and wanted the child to play next to them and interact with the figures, like it was their imaginary friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment