Monday, October 31, 2011

Transparent Layers: Drawing III










This assignment was interesting. It was one of the first assignments that was ambiguous as far as medium or subject to use. Other assignments have been specific to medium like thread and wood but "transparent layers" opens up new mediums and choices in designing. I chose to use transparency sheets. I had a friend pose for me in different areas doing different things. I photographed her, put the pictures into photoshop and erased the background. I printed the figure by itself on the transparency and then had the model hold the transparencies in the places she was before. I wanted to recreate "ordinary" sites that someone would see happening. In the photos though I wanted the viewer to really wonder what they were looking at. Was someone holding a blank transparency or filter or was something printed? Was something completely photoshoped into making the viewer think that no part of it is real? I wanted it to make the viewer stop and think about how they photo they were looking at was constructed and furthering my theme of manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment