Monday, October 31, 2011

Cardboard: Drawing 3














For this project we had to make 8 drawings using cardboard somehow. I chose to go with using cardboard as my surface to work on. I used laser printer transparencies on an inkjet printer and transferred my images on to the cardboard since the ink didn't adhere to the transparency. Each print has two subjects. One constant and one variable. The constant was an outline of my head in profile which symbolizes me, and my head literally and my thoughts as well, what goes on in my head. The variable is different works of art. They vary between Barbara Kruger and some of my own work. I wanted to convey the concept of my own thoughts and inspirations on my work. I think that Kruger makes amazing works and she has even influenced a few other artists that I look up to like Shepard Fairey. Her work is very impact full and somewhat in-your-face or very direct in accusation to the viewer. In my prints I didn't want them to be about they specific works of hers but more of an awareness that her work is influential to me. Thus why her works are reversed and unreadable looking straight on. I first made 5 square prints and then finished with making 8 fit on rectangle panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment