Sunday, October 16, 2011

Masking Tape: Drawing III



The assignment for this project was to use masking tape. On my last critique my professor kept mentioning that she sometimes classifies herself as an artist but doesn't limit herself to one medium. From there she continued to elaborate saying that she was a "visual communicator" I thought that that was an interesting and stimulating idea to think of art as visual. From there I wanted to explore a different way of being an artist. If you can be a visual communicator, could you just as likely be an audio communicator? The previous project was "wrapping" and "diagram" with those I wanted to make a visual spectacle and something that had to be lived in the present. With this masking tape project I recorded the audio from me using the tape in different ways to see what the viewer, or better yet, the listener thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment